The mission of the TMI Science Department is to graduate scientifically literate students who embrace their civic responsibility and utilize their knowledge to serve as leaders in their communities and responsible stewards of the earth’s natural resources; we strive to prepare interested students for college science study and for careers in science and science-related fields.
We believe science is best learned by doing it, not simply by studying it. We believe it is vital to help students learn to appreciate the world from a scientific perspective and to help them learn the importance of preserving our environment and conserving the earth’s natural resources.
We strive to educate students who:
- Utilize scientific methods/processes to solve problems
- Develop into independent learners, capable of thinking critically, analytically, and creatively and working collaboratively with others
- Are effective communicators, in both the spoken and written word, who are able to communicate effectively using the languages of English and Mathematics
- Utilize technology to collect & analyze data, conduct research, communicate findings, and solve problems
- Develop a sound fundamental knowledge base in biology, chemistry, physics, environmental, and earth/space science